HungerGamesTrilogy.net Fan of the week is Marley. She is 13 years old and she’s from USA.
1. How did you learn about The Hunger Games?
When my grandpa was in the hospital, my mom over heard my aunt and a nurse talking about a book. They told her it was The Hunger Games. She came home and said my aunt was going to lend her the book. It was about two months before the movie came out and i had heard a lot about it. Sadly my grandpa had died and we were having a garage sale with all of this things. My dad and I went to my aunt’s house to get something for the sale. She gave me the book to give to my mom. I read the back and thought I should read it since it was so popular. I told my mom that I wanted it after she was done. Well my mom took to long reading the first chapter so I bought the trilogy the next day. I officially was hooked.
2. If you were born in the dystopian era, what do you think would your life be? Would you be living in one of the districts or would you be enjoying a fabulous life in the Capitol?
I think I would live in the Capitol. I love things that are nice and fancy, and to be honest I’m kind of lazy so I don’t think I would like to work as a coal miner or a fisherman. Of course I’d like to day I’d live with Katniss or Rue but I like the Capitol.
3. If your name was called in the reaping and you’d be participating in the Games, which of the tributes from the 74th and 75th Hunger Games will you choose as allies?
I would choose Foxface for sure. I like how quiet and smart she is. I would choose Rue too because…..well I just like Rue. I would also chose Johanna and Finnick because they are both smart and strong.
4. As a Hunger Games tribute, what would be your skill and strategy to survive?
My brother and I always have fake Hunger Games outside and I am not very good at it so I would probably have to train a lot. Maybe with knives and learn to hunt and gather. My strategy would be to hide and only kill if I had to.
5. What do you think of ‘The Hunger Games’ movie?
I LOVED the movie. Of course in think the movie will never be as good as the book. Jennifer Lawrence and Josh Hutcherson did such a good job. I’ve seen it 3 times in theaters and plan on seeing it many times more.
6. What’s your favorite scene from The Hunger games movie?
My favorite scene would have to be the reaping scene because that’s the scene that stayed very true to the book. Willow Shields was so good in that scene. Jennifer’s and Willow’s screams gave me goosebumps. It was wonderful.
Marley’s ‘Hunger Games Collection: